By default, Windows will ask for your password every time your computer resumes from the stand-by mode. This may be useful for a public workstation or unattended laptops; but for a personal computer, it’s useless and to some extent, annoying.
To disable to authentication, follow these steps :
- Go to Start-> Control Panel ->Performance and Maintenance -> Power Options.
- Under the Advanced tab, in the Options settings, uncheck “Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby”
- Go to Start, and type in “Power Options” and press Enter.
- Click “Change plan settings” for your selected plan, then click “Change advanced power settings“. In the dialog box that appears, click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” and go through the User Account Control.
- Go to the “Require a password on wakeup” option and just select “No”. Then click “OK”.
After completing these steps, the computer wil not ask for passwords after resuming from standby mode.