By default, Windows will ask for your password every time your computer resumes from the stand-by mode. This may be useful for a public workstation or unattended laptops; but for a personal computer, it’s useless and to some extent, annoying.
To disable to authentication, follow these steps :
- Go to Start-> Control Panel ->Performance and Maintenance -> Power Options.
- Under the Advanced tab, in the Options settings, uncheck “Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby”
- Go to Start, and type in “Power Options” and press Enter.
- Click “Change plan settings” for your selected plan, then click “Change advanced power settings“. In the dialog box that appears, click “Change settings that are currently unavailable_”_ and go through the User Account Control.
- Go to the “Require a password on wakeup” option and just select “No”. Then click “OK”.
After completing these steps, the computer wil not ask for passwords after resuming from standby mode.